EVENT PRODUCTION INTERN | Fall Internship 2019
We are seeking talented Fall Interns who have an interest in planning experiential events, and are looking to gain firsthand knowledge and experience in all aspects of the industry. You will work directly with our Creative and Production Teams, providing assistance on events – from start to finish – in the areas of creative strategy, planning, design, vendor coordination and onsite production work.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Research venues, activations, decor, etc
- Participate in brainstorm sessions and client meetings
- Research client (and potential client) brands, identifying brands’ goals, objectives, and past experiential activations
- Assist with pre and post production of events
- Act as a runner/assistant to the event producers, coordinators, and assistants on-site at events when needed
- Assist in management and purchases of decor, rental furniture, and on-site expendables
- Assist with budget closeout post-events
- Assist with contracting and sourcing venue information for projects, including availability, rental fees, A/V, catering, and permitting
- As your final project, you’ll be tasked to create a “made up” event deck from start to finish, which you will present to the production team on your last day
- You have a laptop, a valid driver’s license and a mode of transportation
- You are looking to fulfill Fall semester college credit with this unpaid internship
- You can commit 20-30 hours a week
- You are excited about Event Production, Marketing, and Project Management
- You’re a first-class team player and you can go with flow
- You thrive in a fast-paced team environment, and you work well under deadlines/last minute tasks
- You are internet savvy and are familiar with Word, Excel, PowerPoint/Keynote, and Google Docs
- You have exceptional time management skills, you’re always on time, and you’re able to multitask and prioritize
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You enjoy working in a fun environment and have a positive “can-do” attitude
- You have prior experience in events, production, and/or merchandising (not required, but a plus)
How to Apply:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “I want to be your Intern!”
Within that email please send us your Resume, Cover Letter, and answer the following questions: 1) What is your spirit animal? 2) What is your favorite movie/show?, and 3) What is a cool event/place that you checked out recently?
Senior 3D Experiential Designer – Full Time / Salary – L.A.
We are looking for a forward thinking, hyper-hyper-talented Senior 3D Experiential Designer to elevate the visual execution in our spatial design team. You will work across departments spanning the Creative, Design and Experiential team, reporting directly to the Art Director. You must be highly collaborative, energetic, and driven to make an impact in the industry – and the world.
- Create compelling renderings of physical environments to sell in pitches to clients.
- Work closely with the Art Director to explore, refine, and select a creative direction for each project.
- Provide and receive art direction on all aspects of event design including set and spatial design, 2D and 3D renderings, and event builds.
- Lead your own projects while coaching junior designers and supporting senior designers and Art Director.
- Participate and creatively contribute to project brainstorms.
- Work collaboratively with a team of Account Managers, Event Producers, Strategists, and Designers.
- Build 3D models and draw floor plans to scale.
- Help design all aspects of events including internal presentations, spatial designs, invites, printed collateral, and event builds.
- Communicate frequently with our production department and manage the full build of your assigned projects. This will include technical drawings, design briefs, illustrator drawings, and elevations.
- 4+ years of experiential and/or event design experience.
- Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite, Rhino, V-Ray, AutoCAD and SketchUp.
- A strong balance of identity, typography, layout, illustration design, and spatial design skills.
- Strong, open, positive and persistent communication style.
- A solutions-oriented mentality.
- Positive and flexible attitude towards working both collaboratively and independently on projects of all scales and types.
- Ability to translate brand voice into a physical space.
- Ability to multitask while remaining efficient, poised, and organized – even while under deadline pressure.
- Ability to work overtime when necessary to complete time-sensitive projects.
- A working knowledge of technologies, materials, building techniques and event production methods.
How to Apply:
We offer an opportunity to join a contemporary environment with competitive compensation, including a comprehensive benefits package – and an amazing team to work with. Please submit portfolio samples, resume and salary requirements (must include all 3 to be considered) to email@example.com.
Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact.
The Visionary Group is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.