EVENT PRODUCTION INTERN | Summer 2019
The Visionary Group is an award-winning, full-service experiential marketing agency, specializing in Creative Strategy, Brand Activation, Integrated Marketing and Event Production. We help bring brands to life through innovative experiences that engage people on an emotional, intellectual, and physical level. We produce a wide range of projects – everything from product launches to festival events to immersive escape room experiences.
We are seeking talented Summer Interns who have an interest in planning experiential events, and are looking to gain firsthand knowledge and experience in all aspects of the industry. You will work directly with our Creative and Production Teams, providing assistance on events – from start to finish – in the areas of creative strategy, planning, design, vendor coordination and onsite production work.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Research venues, activations, decor, etc.
- Participate in brainstorm sessions and client meetings
- Research client (and potential client) brands, identifying brands’ goals, objectives, and past experiential activations
- Assist with pre and post production of events
- Act as a runner/assistant to the event producers, coordinators, and assistants on-site at events when needed
- Assist in management and purchases of decor, rental furniture, and on-site expendables
- Assist with budget closeout post-events
- Assist with contracting and sourcing venue information for projects, including availability, rental fees, A/V, catering, and permitting
- As your final project, you’ll be tasked to create a “made up” event deck from start to finish, which you will present to the production team on your last day
- You have a laptop, a valid driver’s license and a mode of transportation
- You are able to fulfill Summer college credit with this unpaid internship
- You can commit to 20-30 hours a week
- You are excited about Event Production, Marketing, and Project Management
- You’re a first-class team player and you can go with flow
- You thrive in a fast-paced team environment, and you work well under deadlines/last minute tasks
- You are Internet-savvy and are familiar with Word, Excel, PowerPoint/Keynote, and Google Docs
- You have exceptional time management skills, you’re always on time, and you’re able to multitask and prioritize
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You enjoy working in a fun environment and have a positive “can-do” attitude
- You have prior experience in events, production, and/or merchandising (not required, but a plus)
How to Apply:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “I want to be your Intern!”
Within that email please send us your Resume, Cover Letter, and answer the following questions: 1) What is your spirit animal? 2) What is your favorite movie/show?, and 3) What is a cool event/place that you checked out recently?
The Visionary Group is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.