EVENT PRODUCTION INTERN | Winter / Spring Internship 2019
The Visionary Group is an award-winning, full-service experiential marketing agency, specializing in Creative Strategy, Brand Activation, Integrated Marketing and Event Production. We help bring brands to life through innovative experiences that engage people on an emotional, intellectual, and physical level. We produce a wide range of projects – everything from product launches to festival events to immersive escape room experiences.
We are seeking talented Winter and Spring Interns who have an interest in planning experiential events, and are looking to gain firsthand knowledge and experience in all aspects of the industry. You will work directly with our Creative and Production Teams, providing assistance on events – from start to finish – in the areas of creative strategy, planning, design, vendor coordination and onsite production work.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Research venues, activations, decor, etc.
- Participate in brainstorm sessions and client meetings
- Research client (and potential client) brands, identifying brands’ goals, objectives, and past experiential activations
- Assist with pre and post production of events
- Act as a runner/assistant to the event producers, coordinators, and assistants on-site at events when needed
- Assist in management and purchases of decor, rental furniture, and on-site expendables
- Assist with budget closeout post-events
- Assist with contracting and sourcing venue information for projects, including availability, rental fees, A/V, catering, and permitting
- As your final project, you’ll be tasked to create a “made up” event deck from start to finish, which you will present to the production team on your last day
- You have a laptop, a valid driver’s license and a mode of transportation
- You are looking to fulfill Winter or Spring semester college credit with this unpaid internship
- You can commit 20-30 hours a week
- You are excited about Event Production, Marketing, and Project Management
- You’re a first-class team player and you can go with flow
- You thrive in a fast-paced team environment, and you work well under deadlines/last minute tasks
- You are internet savvy and are familiar with Word, Excel, PowerPoint/Keynote, and Google Docs
- You have exceptional time management skills, you’re always on time, and you’re able to multitask and prioritize
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You enjoy working in a fun environment and have a positive “can-do” attitude
- You have prior experience in events, production, and/or merchandising (not required, but a plus)
How to Apply:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “I want to be your Intern!”
Within that email please send us your Resume, Cover Letter, and answer the following questions: 1) What is your spirit animal? 2) What is your favorite movie/show?, and 3) What is a cool event/place that you checked out recently?
SR. ACCOUNT MANAGER
We are seeking a Senior Account Manager for our office in Torrance, CA to manage a variety of client accounts and deliver an exceptional client experience by having a natural attention to detail and the ability to anticipate and interpret client needs.
The Senior Account Manager leads project teams to deliver creative and flawless events and experiential marketing programs that are on strategy, in budget, and executed on time. This person will act as the day-to-day head for selected clients, working directly with assigned producers, designers and account managers to oversee campaign initiatives, while simultaneously providing clients an unprecedented level of communication efficiency.
This is a full-time position starting ASAP. Candidates must live in the LA area. Salary DOE.
- Act as main point of contact for key clients, overseeing client communication and expectations during the campaign production and campaign execution process
- Develop a deep understanding of client’s culture, processes, business and structure to serve them effectively, and proactively offer solutions and experiential opportunities for the brand
- Develop and deliver creative ideas that meet client objectives using a wide arsenal of experiential tactics including live events, social media, emerging technology, and strategic partnerships
- Work with new business team and strategy teams to respond to RFPs and proactively identify ways to further engage and grow assigned accounts
- Act as the liaison between Production, Creative Services, Brand Influence departments and the client to ensure all contracted deliverables are executed and deadlines are met, implementing and managing all necessary internal and external processes to ensure proper communication flow and manage expectations
- Provide client with weekly updates on project development and management
- Hold internal production and creative teams accountable to project deadlines
- Ensure timely and quality delivery of all contracted event deliverables
- Proactively host and schedule regular internal and external meetings as necessary
- Work with Production and Design departments to develop post-event recaps for clients
- Participate in RFP brainstorms, offering creative ideas and approaches towards client requests and needs
- Provide on-site/at event client management. Communicate with clients frequently and ensure that all needs are met
- Bachelor’s degree or higher; Marketing, Communications, Business or another related field a plus
- 6+ years of experience in account leadership, campaign/event management, marketing, advertising, digital PR, and experiential
- Familiarity with developing integrated campaigns that include experiential events, paid, earned, social, and owned media for brands
- Proven track record of client leadership and account growth
- Experience in an agency environment; must be process-oriented and highly organized
- Experience with management and oversight of complex client budgets
- Ability to write effectively, persuasively and professionally
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Confidence in verbal and written communication with excellent presentation skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to a fast-paced work environment and ability to work under tight deadlines
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and Keynote
- Must be willing to travel as needed
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Sr. Account Manager”
The Visionary Group is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.